We are excited to announce that we will be offering fall programming in the Canning & District community.
Stay tuned as updates will be made regularly as the provincial Return to Recreation has allowed programming
to resume with limited participation.
Welcome to Canning & District Recreation Commission!
We would like to welcome Meg to the village and to our Recreation Department.
Megan has just moved to Canning and is in the midst of completing a Bachelor of Community Development from Acadia University- she also has knowledge and experience in ensuring Equity, Inclusion and Diversity. She has been taken on as the Program Coordinator for Canning Recreation part-time while she completes her degree.
Determined to live in Kings County, we are excited welcome Meg & her sidekick Penny to the community!
1. To stimulate interest in recreation, healthy life styles and the well-being of the Canning & District community, to
2. create, support and ensure inclusivity in recreational opportunities and programs, and to
3. appropriately provide and manage associated facilities for recreational purposes.
All persons in the Canning & District community are provided with diverse opportunities to participate and engage in recreational programs & events.
Shared Strategy for Advancing Recreation in Nova Scotia
"A Canada in which everyone is engaged in meaningful, accessible recreation experiences that foster:
- Individual Well-being: Individuals with optimal mental and physical wellbeing, who are engaged and contributing members of their families and communities.
- Community Well-being: Communities that are healthy, inclusive, welcoming, resilient and sustainable.
- Well-being of Places & Spaces: Natural and built environments that are appreciated, nurtured, and sustained"